The REED SW700 Heat Stress Stop Watch is the all in one tool to quickly and easily monitor your environmental conditions to keep your cool this summer.
REED SW700-KIT Offers
This water-resistant (IPX4) stopwatch features a 10 hours countdown timer and built-in calendar that displays day, month, and date. The SW700 is battery and solar-powered and has the ability to measure temperature, humidity, heat index, and dew point. This stopwatch combines air temperature and relative humidity measurements in an attempt to determine the human-perceived equivalent temperature or “how hot it feels”.
What’s included with the REED SW700-KIT
- Heat Stress Stopwatch
- REED 650ml Water Bottle
- Measures temperature and humidity, calculate heat index and dew point
- Stopwatch/chronograph mode with 1/100 second resolution
- Calendar mode displays day, month and date
- 99 lap counter with 30 lap/split memory
- Fastest/Slowest/Average lap recall
- 10 hours countdown timer with audible beeper warning for the last 5 seconds
- Programmable alarm
- 12 or 24-hour clock operation
- 48″ nylon lanyard
- Backlit LCD display
- Silent operation option
- Battery and solar-powered
Ideal Applications for the REED SW700-KIT
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Monitor seasonal conditions to ensure a safe environment at school or daycare
- Ensuring safe work environments
Don’t Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than the air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can’t keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement, and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports, and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle, and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools, and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.